11.5 hours of on-demand video 2 articles Access on mobile and TV Full lifetime access Instructor - Lee Assam
Learn the Python 3 Programming Language as quickly and efficiently as possible with hands-on practice challenges and solutions.
This course is catered to beginners who want to learn the Python 3 Programming Language or developers who already know another language and want to learn Python 3.
All major concepts are taught and the course contains challenge questions with fully explained solutions to cement all the concepts you will learn.
If you are looking to :
● Land your first programming job
● Switch to a new programming career
● Want to master the foundational concepts of Python 3 as quickly as you can
● Looking to learn Python 3 to advance to data science and machine learning
● Looking to learn Python 3 as a College or High School Student
● Become proficient in one of the most popular and fastest growing programming languages out there
This course is for you!
Some of what you will learn
Here are some of the topics that will be covered
● Variables and Comments
● Working with Print Statements
● Basic Data Types (Integers, Floats, Strings, Collections)
● Working with Data Collections (Lists, Sets, Tuples, Dictionaries)
● Conditionals and Looping
● Object-Oriented Programming and Classes
● Error and Exception Handling
● Input and Output
● Working with Data Files
● Working with HTTP Requests
● Much Much more
Approach that is taken
All basic foundation concepts around programming languages are first taught. This gives beginners the opportunity to grasp core concepts before jumping into code.
As an example the core tenets of object-oriented programming (like polymorphism, encapsulation, inheritance and abstraction) are taught so you will understand those concepts before writing classes in Python 3.
Although most of the basic material is covered in detail, there are always links and resources provided to get additional details or go deeper on any topic.
Following all sections, there are coding challenges to help drive concepts home and allow you to practice coding. All solutions are reviewed with detailed line-by-line code reviews to explain the answers to the challenges.
All resources provided
All the source code for topics including the solutions for challenges are provided
The software for the course Python 3 Interpreter and PyCharm IDE are FREE
All you need is a computer or laptop to get going this course!
2. Software Setup
3. Write your first Python Program
4. Background of the Python Programming Languag
5. Variables and Comments
6. Print Statements
7. Working with Common Data Types
9. Working with Data Structures
10. Conditionals and Looping
Lee holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a Master's Degree in Computer Science.
He has taught at Universities on topics ranging from Software Development to Electrical Engineering and prototyping. He likes coming up with new ideas and prototyping them using the Arduino and Raspberry Pi platforms.
His passion for innovation has resulted in several wins in Hack Day competitions. He is a US Patent holder and has numerous US Patent Applications currently being reviewed. He tries to understand how the latest technolgy can be used to solve business problems and challenges in creative ways.
His hobby is Arduino and the Internet of Things. He has been playing around with the Arduino and the Raspberry Pi platforms since their inception, and he uses his Electrical Engineering background coupled with software development skills to create and develop exciting projects.
He prefers a hands-on, project-based learning approach and uses his teaching background to make concepts fun and entertaining, while at the same time educational and informative.