By the end of this course you will be fully aware of the wired and wireless computer networks basics, devices, and protocols in a step-by-step pace. You will also reach the professional level in networks security in terms of concepts, technologies, and tools. The course requires no background or pre-requisite, yet you will be able to understand all the up-to-date terminologies in the networks security during the lectures.
This course is organized as follows:
Section One: Introduction to Computer Networks
* Lecture 1: What is a Computer Network?
* Lecture 2: Computer Networks Topologies
*Lecture 3: Computer Networks Categories
* Lecture 4: Computer Networks Devices and Services
* Lecture 5: Computer Networks Transmission Media
Section Two: ISO/OSI Model (7 Layers)
* Lecture 1: Why ISO/OSI Model?
* Lecture 2: Application, Presentation, and Session Layers
* Lecture 3: Transport and Network Layers
* Lecture 4: Data Link and Physical Layers
* Lecture 5: ISO/OSI Model in Action
Section Three: TCP/IP Protocol Suite
* Lecture 1: Introduction to Computer Networks Protocols
* Lecture 2: IP Protocol
* Lecture 3: TCP and UDP Protocols
* Lecture 4: Application Protocols
* Lecture 5: TCP/IP Characteristics and Tools
* Lecture 1: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA)
* Lecture 2: Assets, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
* Lecture 3: Risks and Network Intrusion
* Lecture 4: Common Attacks
* Lecture 5: Security Recommendations
1. Introduction To Computer Network
2. ISO/OSI Model (7 Layer)
3. TCP/ IP Protocol Suite
4. Wireless Networks
5. Computer Network Security
6. firewalls And Honeypots
7. Intrusion Detection Prevention system (IDC/IPS)
8. Wireless Net Security And Incident Handling
* Ph. D., “Enhanced Congestion Control for Internet Media Traffic”, Computer Engineering and Sciences Dept., Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Menoufiya University, 2006 - 2013.
* M. Sc., “Video Services for Distant Work in an IP Environment”, Computer Engineering and Sciences Dept., Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Menoufiya University, 2002 - 2005.
* Researcher, IRISA Institute, Rennes I University, France, 2001 - 2002.
* Information Technology Diploma, Information Technology Institute ITI, Computer Networks Dept., 1998 - 1999.
* B. Sc., Communications and Electronics Dept., Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 1993 - 1998.
* “Enhanced TCP-Friendly Rate Control for Supporting Video Traffic over Internet”, Mohammad A. Talaat, Gamal M. Attiya, and Magdi A. Koutb, Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering CJECE, vol. 36, no. 4, 2013.
* “ETFRC: Enhanced TFRC for Media Traffic over Internet”, International Journal of Computer Networks, IJCN, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 167-177, August 2011.
* “ETFRC: Enhanced TFRC for Media Traffic”, International Journal of Computer Applications, IJCA, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1-8, March 2011.
* “PSNR Evaluation for Media Traffic over TFRC”, Mohammad A. Talaat, Magdi A. Koutb, and Hoda S. Sorour, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications IJCNC, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 71-76, October 2009.
* “A Survey on Unicast Congestion Control Protocols for Media Traffic”, Mohammad A. Talaat, Magdi A. Koutb, and Hoda S. Sorour, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security IJCSNS, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 254-261, March 2009.
* Congestion Control for Internet Media Traffic”, Mohammad A. Talaat, Magdi A. Koutb, and Hoda S. Sorour, World Academy of Science, Engineering, and Technology WASET Proceedings, vol. 44, pp. 208-212, Venice, Italy, August 2008.
* “Content-Aware Adaptive Video Streaming System”, Mohammad A. Talaat, Magdi A. Koutb, Hamdy M. Kelash, and Reda H. Aboelez. Published in the proceedings of the following conferences:
* Information and Communications Technologies ICT 2005, Cape Town, South Africa, May 2005.
* International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies ICICT 2005, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 2005.